Statement of Faith
SROM stands for the fundamentals of the faith as taught in the Holy Scripture and handed down by the church. Under God, and subject to biblical authority, board members, full time staff and course instructors bear witness to the following articles to which they subscribe, and which they hold to be essential to their ministry.
- THE HOLY SCRIPTURES (2 Timothy 3:16,17)
We believe the Bible is inspired by God through the Holy Spirit.
- THE ETERNAL GODHEAD (1 John 5:7)
We believe God is triune: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- THE FALL OF MAN (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12)
We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that by voluntary disobedience he fell from perfection.
- THE PLAN OF REDEMPTION (Romans 5:8)
We believe that while we were yet sinners, Jesus Christ died for us, signing the pardon for all who believe in Him.
- SALVATION THROUGH GRACE (Ephesians 2:8,9)
We believe that we have no righteousness and must come to God pleading the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
- THE NEW BIRTH (John 3:3, 2 Corinthians 5:17)
We believe that the change, which takes place in the heart and life at conversion, is a very real one.
- DAILY CHRISTIAN LIFE (Hebrews 6:1)
We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in the faith.
- CHURCH RELATIONSHIP (Acts 16:5, Acts 20:28, Ephesians 1:22-23)
We believe that it is our sacred duty to identify ourselves with the visible church of Jesus Christ.
- EVANGELISM (James 5:20, Matthew 28:19-20)
We believe that evangelism is the one big task of the church.
- MAJESTY (Psalm 19:1-2, Romans 1:20)
We believe that God is glorified in His creation and that His creation glorifies Him.
- YOUTH (1 Timothy 4:12)
We are committed to training young men and women, and we believe wilderness provides a biblical classroom of challenges and incentive for this purpose.